Good embroidery takes a good sewing machine and the hand of
a skilled craftsman to make that piece good cloth that you like so much in the
closet. Tailors and Textile companies know that to get the perfect cloth you
need to have a good sewing machine. The Singer sewing machine model is one such
quality products which have an outstanding reputation as a brand for producing
These machines are amongst the most common machines the
world over. The following is a review of some of the best singer machines
currently available on the market, but before we list them, to let us look at
four factors, you may consider picking a good machine.
Factors to review when looking for a sewing machine
The speed of a machine is crucial. It determines how fast a
tailor can make a stitch and eventually the overall quality and efficiency of
their performance. Therefore, if you are looking to work for longer hours and
thicker fabrics while still maintaining reasonable pace then check the speed
measured in stitches per minute.
You also need to consider the drive type. It is common to
find clutch motors that deploy linkage of gears and mechanics. To make the
correct choice you need to define what type of material you will normally be
sewing whether hard such as leather and so on.
The third factor is the construction and portability of your
sewing machine. Depending on the permanence of your work you will want to look
into the portability especially where the machine has to be regularly moved.
Another factor that you need to consider is the feed style.
For instance, there are machines the walking food feed mechanisms used
especially for thicker fabrics. Finally, you may also consider the control
features such as reverse buttons and needle adjustment mechanisms. These
factors are essential in choosing the right sewing machine. The following is
now a list of the top 10 best sewing Singer machines
Top eight Sewing Singer machines
8. SINGER 14T968DC Professional 5 5-4-3-2 Thread Capability Serge
Overlock with Auto Tension .
- 1 8. SINGER 14T968DC Professional 5 5-4-3-2 Thread Capability Serge Overlock with Auto Tension .
- 2 7.”SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine with Bonus Quilting Accessories”
- 3 6. Singer 3221 Simple Sewing Machine
- 4 5. “SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use Free-Arm 19-Stitch Sewing Machine”
- 5 4. “SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine” with “Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate”
- 6 3. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- 7 2. SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader comes
- 8 1. Singer 4432 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
This Singer machine is amazing with a 2-3-4-5. It is a good
choice for a wide selection of the stitch options. This machine also fairs well
when it comes to saving time with seam finishing, seams, and hems. The machine
is also very fast making about 1300 stitches per minute and therefore, an
excellent choice for doing many projects.
This machine can be used for basic home sewing needs.
Tailors who love doing their work from home can use this machine at the comfort
of their home seeing that it is easily portable and can be moved without much
- It is a fast machine
- It is cost effective
- It has an elaborate control mechanism especially when it comes footing aspects
- It has an adjustable cutting width and self-adjusting tension system as wel
- It has a color-coded threading diagrams for easier threading.
- Its spare parts are nearly as expensive as the machine
with the needle bar costing half price of the machine
- Has a complicated threading mechanism
- It bunches up under the presser foot.
7.”SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized
Sewing and Quilting Machine with Bonus Quilting Accessories”
This one is also another good machine. It offers automatic
needle threads for quick setup and with 98 stitches that are inbuilt, it
provides endless capabilities for your sewing projects.
It also has an electronic twin needle that offers excellent
control when adjusting the stitch length. It also comes with four bonus
quilting feet and extension table giving it an effective quilting combination
- It is relatively cheap
- It has a drop and sew
- Bobbin system thereby saving on time
- Automation also adds to saved time with the needle threader
- It has a programmable needle
- Encompasses a drop feed
- The programmable system can sometimes act up leading to tingly mess.
- It has a poor tension mechanism as well.
6. Singer 3221 Simple Sewing Machine
This machine comes with an Automatic Needle Threader and 21
Stitches. It also has an automatic threader with adjustable stitch lengths
which make threading easier than ever before.
It also has a fully automatic 1-step buttonhole for that
professional look. It also comes with free accessories included on the on-board
storage. It is a good choice for sewing some tough materials like leather.
- It is portable Automation saves time
- Has a foot press for sewing harder materials
- It does not have a top drop in bobbin making
it very hard to access the bobbin
5. “SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use Free-Arm
19-Stitch Sewing Machine”
This machine has an easy and quick threading manual
mechanism for saving time with an adjustable stitch length and zigzag that
allows for customization of the stitches.
It also comes with an automatic four-step buttonhole for
endless project possibilities. Additionally, it also comes with an on-board
storage for convenience within the arms the arm’s length.
- It is a very fast machine
- Saves on time when making button holes with the automatic buttonhole
- The adjustable stitch length is very handy when seaming different types of fabrics.
- Sometimes the needle gets jammed and may eat the material
- It has a sophisticated throbbin mechanism and sometimes does not thread as needed
4. “SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed
Sewing Machine” with “Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate”
It has 23 inbuilt stitches with 12 decorative, four stretch
and one buttonhole for easier stitching. This machine also includes an
automated needle threader saving on time with a top drop-in bobbin.
It has a fast pace of 1100 stitches per minute.
Additionally, it has an automated button hole making mechanism. It also comes
with Snap-On Presser feet and a stainless-steel bed plate.
- It is fast
- Has an elaborate control mechanism
- It is relatively cheap
- Has a strong motor to thread tougher material.
- Stainless steel bed plate for smooth fabric feeding.
- This machine is bulky
- Easily breaks
- It also misses picking up stitches according to one customer.
3. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized
It comes with Extension Table, Bonus Accessories, and Hard Cover
offers 600 in-built stitches and with an automatic thirteen 1-step buttonhole.
It also comes with an automatic threat cutter; length and width; and needle
threader as well.
The top drop-in bobbin makes it easy and quick to set-up as
well. It has over five different fonts for endless capabilities on the
possibilities of the project
- It is fast
- It has an elaborate control mechanism
- It is light and easily portable
- It has an easy and quick feed style
- Relatively expensive
2. SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm
Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader comes
This singer sewing machine comes with 70 stitches inbuilt
with five presser feet making it excellent for crafting, sewing as well as
It is easy to threat as it comes with an automatic needle
threader. It has a LED display screen for automatic stitch length as well as
the width. Lastly, it comes with six automated one-step buttonholes for
- Very fast
- Highly computerized control system
- Easy feeding style
- Relatively cheap for its value
- One of the customers noted that he got a cut from an over exposed blade from the machine.
1. Singer 4432 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
It is one among the best in the singer category with some in-built
stitches, automatic threading, and top loading feeding style. It also comes
with an elaborate control mechanism for all purpose sewing needs.
It has a foot controller with a buttonhole foot, button
sewing foot et cetera. This machine is an excellent sewing product from Singer
with several capabilities that surpass any other in this category. It is a
highly recommendable machine if you are looking for an all-around sewing
machine at a relatively low price.
- It has an all-around capability with an elaborate control mechanism
- It is easily portable
- Can easily be setup
- Can do heavy sewing needs such as leather et cetera
- Automation saves time.
- None at the moment.
So, there you guys a list of the best eight singers sewing
machines that will wow your clients and yourself while working for the various
sewing needs that you may have.