Good embroidery takes a good sewing machine and the hand of a skilled craftsman to make that piece good cloth that you like so much in the closet. Tailors and Textile companies know that to get the perfect cloth you need to have a good sewing machine. The Singer sewing machine model is one such quality products which have an outstanding reputation as a brand for producing quality machines.
These machines are amongst the most common machines the world over. The following is a review of some of the best singer machines currently available on the market, but before we list them, to let us look at four factors, you may consider picking a good machine.
Factors to Review When Looking for a Sewing Machine
The speed of a machine is crucial. It determines how fast a tailor can make a stitch and eventually the overall quality and efficiency of their performance. Therefore, if you are looking to work for longer hours and thicker fabrics while still maintaining reasonable pace then check the speed measured in stitches per minute.
You also need to consider the drive type. It is common to find clutch motors that deploy linkage of gears and mechanics. To make the correct choice you need to define what type of material you will normally be sewing whether hard such as leather and so on.
The third factor is the construction and portability of your sewing machine. Depending on the permanence of your work you will want to look into the portability especially where the machine has to be regularly moved.
Another factor that you need to consider is the feed style. For instance, there are machines the walking food feed mechanisms used especially for thicker fabrics. Finally, you may also consider the control features such as reverse buttons and needle adjustment mechanisms. These factors are essential in choosing the right sewing machine. The following is now a list of the top 10 best sewing Singer machines
8. SINGER 14T968DC Professional 5 5-4-3-2
This Singer machine is amazing with a 2-3-4-5. It is a good choice for a wide selection of the stitch options. This machine also fairs well when it comes to saving time with seam finishing, seams, and hems. The machine
is also very fast making about 1300 stitches per minute and therefore, an excellent choice for doing many projects.
This machine can be used for basic home sewing needs. Tailors who love doing their work from home can use this machine at the comfort of their home seeing that it is easily portable and can be moved without much hustle.
- It is a fast machine
- It is cost effective
- It has an elaborate control mechanism especially when it comes footing aspects.
- It has an adjustable cutting width and self-adjusting tension system as well
- It has a color-coded threading diagrams for easier threading.
- Its spare parts are nearly as expensive as the machine
with the needle bar costing half price of the machine
- Has a complicated threading mechanism
- It bunches up under the presser foot.
7.”SINGER 7469Q Confidence Quilter Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine with Bonus Quilting Accessories”
This one is also another good machine. It offers automatic needle threads for quick setup and with 98 stitches that are inbuilt, it provides endless capabilities for your sewing projects.
It also has an electronic twin needle that offers excellent control when adjusting the stitch length. It also comes with four bonus quilting feet and extension table giving it an effective quilting combination
- It is relatively cheap
- It has a drop and sew
- Bobbin system thereby saving on time
- Automation also adds to saved time with the needle threader
- It has a programmable needle
- Encompasses a drop feed
- The programmable system can sometimes act up leading to tingly mess.
- It has a poor tension mechanism as well.
6. Singer 3221 Simple Sewing Machine
This machine comes with an Automatic Needle Threader and 21 Stitches. It also has an automatic threader with adjustable stitch lengths which make threading easier than ever before.
It also has a fully automatic 1-step buttonhole for that professional look. It also comes with free accessories included on the on-board storage. It is a good choice for sewing some tough materials like leather.
- It is portable Automation saves time Has a foot press
for sewing harder materials
- It does not have a top drop in bobbin making
- it very hard to access the bobbin
5. “SINGER 2259 Tradition Easy-to-Use Free-Arm
19-Stitch Sewing Machine”
This machine has an easy and quick threading manual mechanism for saving time with an adjustable stitch length and zigzag that allows for customization of the stitches.
It also comes with an automatic four-step buttonhole for endless project possibilities. Additionally, it also comes with an on-board storage for convenience within the arms the arm’s length.
- It is a very fast machine
- Saves on time when making button holes with the automatic buttonhole
- The adjustable stitch length is very handy when seaming different types of fabrics.
- Sometimes the needle gets jammed and may eat the material
- It has a sophisticated throbbing mechanism and sometimes does not thread as needed
4. “SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed
Sewing Machine” with “Metal Frame and Stainless Steel Bedplate”
It has 23 inbuilt stitches with 12 decorative, four stretch and one buttonhole for easier stitching. This machine also includes an automated needle threader saving on time with a top drop-in bobbin.
It has a fast pace of 1100 stitches per minute. Additionally, it has an automated button hole making mechanism. It also comes with Snap-On Presser feet and a stainless-steel bed plate.
- It is fast
- Has an elaborate control mechanism
- It is relatively cheap
- Has a strong motor to thread tougher material.
- Stainless steel bed plate for smooth fabric feeding.
- This machine is bulky
- Easily breaks
- It also misses picking up stitches according to one customer.
3. SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized
It comes with Extension Table, Bonus Accessories, and Hard Cover offers 600 in-built stitches and with an automatic thirteen 1-step buttonhole. It also comes with an automatic threat cutter; length and width; and needle
threader as well.
The top drop-in bobbin makes it easy and quick to set-up as well. It has over five different fonts for endless capabilities on the possibilities of the project
- It is fast
- It has an elaborate control mechanism
- It is light and easily portable
- It has an easy and quick feed style
- Relatively expensive
2. SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Free-Arm
Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader comes
This singer sewing machine comes with 70 stitches inbuilt with five presser feet making it excellent for crafting, sewing as well as quilting.
It is easy to threat as it comes with an automatic needle threader. It has a LED display screen for automatic stitch length as well as the width. Lastly, it comes with six automated one-step buttonholes for professional looks
- Very fast
- Highly computerized control system
- Easy feeding style
- Relatively cheap for its value
- One of the customers noted that he got a cut from an over exposed blade from the machine.
1. Singer 4432 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
It is one among the best in the singer category with some in-built stitches, automatic threading, and top loading feeding style. It also comes with an elaborate control mechanism for all purpose sewing needs.
It has a foot controller with a buttonhole foot, button sewing foot et cetera. This machine is an excellent sewing product from Singer with several capabilities that surpass any other in this category. It is a highly recommendable machine if you are looking for an all-around sewing machine at a relatively low price.
- It has an all-around capability with an elaborate control mechanism
- It is easily portable
- Can easily be setup
- Can do heavy sewing needs such as leather et cetera.
- Automation saves time.
- None at the moment.