Hard water has numerous detrimental effects around your home with the instances of spotted glassware, shower doors with films, the ineffective functioning of appliances reliant on water and even plumbing concerns and clogging. In definition, hard water basically represents water containing minerals such as magnesium, calcium manganese and carbonate. If you are having issues with soap or shampoo not lathering as well as dingy laundry and spots among others, then you most probably have a hard water problem which needs prompt fixing. The best way to go about it, install water softeners.
What To Consider When Purchasing a Salt-Free Water Softener:
BRAND/COMPANY: When purchasing any item and not just household water softeners, it is always recommended that you go for reputable and established firms. Why? You are certain to get a quality product from a firm with a high likelihood of being in business for some time
CERTIFICATION: Water softeners are a crucial element in the household which of course necessitates having tested and verified products. Some of the common certified bodies include NSF International and WQA (Water Quality Association) because, despite the fact that certifications don’t ascertain performance, they guarantee the safety of use.
PRICE: Price in most cases is a platform to sieve the quality and counterfeits. In almost all cases, a higher priced item represents quality and service while cheap ones represent counterfeit short term products. Although it may not necessarily be the case always, go for items that best fit within your budget
8. Aquasana SimplySoft THD-AS20 Water Softener
Safeguard all your plumbing and household appliances from detrimental effects of scale buildup and iron and boost the durability of your appliances. How? Aquasana THD-AS20-more than a typical softener! As opposed to softeners that are salt-based, SimplySoft averts from dematerializing your water through chemical removal of minerals neither will it be another source of chemical waste and excess waste to the environment. It applies enhanced softening technology-NSF Certified NAC-to safely and naturally minimize scale buildup in water devoid of chemicals or salt. It has an efficiency rate of 99.6%.
- Wonderful and reliable results
- Low maintenance
- Extends appliance life by minimizing and eradicating scale buildup which has damaging
- Does not need electricity, intricate salt replacement or wastewater drainage
- No relatable cons
7. Aquios FS-234 Full House Water Filter/Softener
Aquios FS-234 is a water system designed to provide salt-free softening and filtration of water. Aside from this basic function, it alleviates off-taste of water and reduces the presence of organic impurities and chlorine and ultimately eradicates scale build-up on appliances which have damaging effects. It operates using Siliphos-a food grade additive-in minimizing scale deposits.
- Salt-free softening
- Incorporates an additive to enhance its efficiency
- Multi-functional since it also works on eradicating the off-taste as found in water
- Wonderful customer service
- Works as a supplement of standard water as opposed to functioning like a hard water softener.
6. AQFS220C Aquios Full House Water Softener and Filter System
Aqueous FS-220C currently complimented by a clear housing is the ideal solution for water softening and filtering. This all-inclusive unit applies a 5-micron rated filtration (carbon block) together with a food grade additive that not only softens the hard water but also eradicates scale build-up. Experience water with a better taste and free of chlorine! How? Investing in the AQFS220C salt-free filter and softener.
- Boasts a bypass feature that comes handy
- And interior and exterior brass fitting
- Good filter but poor softener
- Not effective for good water
5. Simply Soft Aquasana EQ-SS20 Water Softener
Aquasana EQ-SS20 works naturally and effectively to not only condition water but also safeguard pipes from corroding devoid of reliance on added sodium. How? SLOW PHOS softening technology! It operates by disrupting hard mineral ion charge to harbor their attraction to each other; which ensures that hard minerals are not able to pack/lump together and build-up scale. Moreover, phosphates aligned with this technology function as protective barriers to safeguard your pipes from corrosion. This softener, as opposed to salt-based ones, is environmentally safe since it adds no extra sodium amounts.
- Brass fittings that ease installation and maintenance
- Post-filter (sub-Micron) that boosts protection against organic particles
- 20” Pre-filter that is more durable than standard 10” pre-filters
- Shut-off valves and bend supports that ease filter changes
- NAC technology that prevents build-up of scale, therefore, safeguarding plumbing from corrosion
- Poor quality packaging
- Complaints of orders arriving incomplete!
4. Aquios FS-220 Salt-Free Water Softener and Filtration System
AQUIOS FS-220 is an entire house filtration system which applies commercial strength performance and technology all in a compact and sleek design. This natural technology is in the form of an additive (polyphosphate) called Siliphos that unlike salt-centered systems inhibits deposits (scale) and gradually reduces accumulation of scale on your appliances and pipes.
The water system of treatment as offered by Aquios combines commercial grade conditioning and 5-micron rated carbon block type of filtration to provide full house complete solution. The unique design also ensures no hindrance on the rate of water flow and no loss of pressure. It is quite durable and is accompanied by a fantastic 20-year manufacturer warranty
- Low maintenance
- Salt-free filtration
- Effective and reliable
- Complaints that it compromises on softening
3. 3M AP903 (Whole House) Aqua-Pure Water Filtration System
The AP903 Aqua filtration system is a wonderfully designed water softener and filter ideal for home use. It is rated 5-microns and includes a typical mounting bracket. The catch with it is that it is a whole house gadget and one which is designed using stainless steel. It boasts a carbon filter which perfectly minimizes odor and chlorine taste in water.
- Allows ‘sweat in place’ setting up owing to its stainless steel corrosive-free head
- Minimizes odor and chlorine taste by use of carbon filter
- High water flow rate of 20gallons/minute of filter water
- Nice design but quite short-lived
- Expensive costs of replacement
2. Nuvo H20 DPHB Home Salt Water Softener System
Get treated to healthy, soft and salt-free water as provided for by the Nuvo H20 water softener. Aside from filtering and softening, the water filter also eradicates scale build-up that both corroded and clogs water pipes and appliances. It has been ideally designed to suit water of the entire premises.
- Salt-free filtration
- Effective and reliable
- Considerably priced taking into account its effectiveness
- Full-house enabled filter capacity
- Proper functioning but falls short on its function as a softener
- Overly high-priced
1. Fleck 5600sxt 48,000 Grain Water Softener (w/t brine tank)
Approach all your water-using chores with ease and stress-free with the Fleck water softener. It not only works to curb soap wastage as inspired by hard water but also softens and filters water making it safe and usable. It applies a regeneration using meters where water used is measured and an ensuing regeneration follows but only when necessary. It is equipped with a control valve (�on-demand’) and supplementary durable resin in the system. It comes with a digital controller the 5600 SXT characterized by touch controls, backlit display (LCD), internal 48-hour backup among others. Moreover, its tank is accompanied by a 10-year manufacturer warranty.
- Its components have manufacturer warranty
- Comes equipped with control valve and digital controller to boost efficiency
- Low-quality components