Quick release steering wheels are so cool and convenient. They can usually be found on competition and racing vehicles. The point of this type of hardware is to aid the driver in entering and exiting the super tight racing cockpit. It also helps if you need to remove an injured driver from a vehicle during an emergency. A removable steering wheel is usually offered in either a splined or hexagonal hub, and it is also typically constructed with steel or aluminum. There are tons of quick release options on the market, so we’ve narrowed them down to the best selections for all of your fun toys. We paid close attention to wheel play, self-locking capabilities, and aftermarket steering wheel compatibility. Take a look at our top 10 list, and find the easiest and most compatible steering wheel kit that is perfect for your vehicle.
10. Quick Release Kit Gen 3.0 For Steering Wheel by NRG Innovations
This kit is good for those who plan to modify their car from a standard vehicle to a race car. It will center your steering wheel, and you can easily remove the safety button to suit your needs. The steering wheel has no play in the connection and can be removed easily.
- Includes wires to hook up horn
- You’ll need a hub adapter.
9. Gen 2.0 Quick Release Kit For Steering Wheel by NRG Innovations
This kit has real quality carbon fiber. The part# is SRK-200CF. It works with the majority of hub adapters as a universal piece. New purchasers might need to install an aftermarket boss kit/hub first. The quick release is set to fit between the boss kit/hub and the steering wheel. This kit is easy to install, and has no slop or play in the connection.
- Fits 6 Hole Hub Adapters (70mm Bolt Pattern)
- 6 Hole Steering Wheels (70mm or 74mm Bolt Pattern
- 100% Genuine NRG Product
- 100% Authorized Dealer
8. Quick Release Kit for NRG SRK-200BK-MC Steering Wheel by NRG Innovations
This kit is a Gen 2.0 silver body with a black neochrome ring Srk-200Bk-Mc. This kit has parts that are built to last and it is really stylish and functional. Some car models might need a vehicle specific NRG short hub and an aftermarket steering wheel for the setup to be a success.
- Constructed from high quality aircraft aluminum or powder-coated stainless steel for best durability
- Specially designed raised sections to keep hub from stretching
- Ball-lock system for reliability
- Self locking mechanism for safety functions and ease of use
- Various different colors and combinations to pick from
7. Quick Release Disconnect 3 Hole Hub by XtremeAmazing
This IMCA Bryke Racing kit has an aluminum hub and it’s made for the majority of aftermarket 3 hole steering wheels. This kit includes the small screws and washers you’ll need for installation.
- 360 Degree Steering Quick Release
- 3/4″ Bore screws
- 1-1/2″ Steering Wheel Bolt Spacing
- Hex Steel Mandrel
- Package includes: 3 x 5/16″ x 1/2″ bolt, 3 x 5/16 locking washer, and 1 x steering quick release
6. Quick Release Disconnect Hub For Steering Wheel by DEWHEL
This aluminum hub will fit the majority of aftermarket steering wheels with 3 holes. When new purchasers install this hub, the hex steel mandrel will need to be welded to the 3/4″ round shaft. This hub fits tight with no play. This item would work great on a sand rail.
- Quickly release steering with a push button
- 3/4″ Round shaft size
- Hex steel mandrel
- 1-1/2″ Steering wheel bolt spacing
5. Universal Quick Release Steering Wheel Boss Hub by Maso
This blue wheel hub adapter has a 6-hole pattern design. The adapter is constructed from durable metal material that is made for racing. It has also been treated with an anti-scratch process so it looks good on your vehicle for years. This product will not require any welding or fiddly keys. Loosen your steering wheels with a simple click when you use this universal release snap.
- Master locking system
- Self locking mechanism
- Easy to use
- Bolt pattern measurement is 35mm
- One year warranty on the parts
4. Quick Release Disconnect Hub For 360 Steering Wheel by Bryke Racing
This durable hub is constructed with aluminum material. It will fit almost all 3 hole steering wheels sold aftermarket. It is made for race only use, so you will need to weld it to a 3/4″ round shaft. You can use this item on your go kart if it has 3/4″ OD. New purchasers should note: This product is for off-road and racing use only. This product is not made for street, aviation, or highway.
- 3/4″ Bore
- 360 Degrees steering quick release
- Hex steering mandrel
3. Quick Release Kit by NRG Innovations
This SRK-250BK quick release kit is black with a black ringer and finger grooves. It is durable and made from quality material. It is available in a variety of colors. The quick release happens because of the patented short hub. The dimensions will remain near stock while using this kit. There is no play in this hub.
- Large selection of steering wheels
- Only dual spring self-indexing quick releases in the market
- Includes mounting screws (6 M5-80×20 flat hex)
- Fits standard 6 bolt pattern
- Easy to install
2. SRK-200BK Quick Release by NRG Innovations
This SRK-200BK quick release steering wheel kit has a black body and black ring. This is a high quality and durable product. It is also available in several other colors. choose your favorite color and show off your cool style with this large variety of wheels. The patented short hub keeps dimensions close to stock while using the quick release.
- Huge selection of steering wheels
- This manufacturer creates the only dual spring self-indexing quick release available.
1. Steering Wheel Quick Release Boss Kit by Leadrise
This black snap off boss kit will fit any modified steering wheel. It is constructed with alloy and has chrome polished finishing. This kit is easy to use by pushing down the leveler and detaching it from the base. Re-attach it to connect it once again.
- Created with 8 ball lock joint for best security
- Steering wheel base not included
- If horn doesn’t fit well in steering wheel just remove the ring and re-attach.