When it comes time to lawn maintenance, it can be hard to decide which tools best suit the job. You’ll likely want something lightweight and easy to manage when working in the scorching sun to ensure that your lawn is the best in the neighborhood. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the ten best weed eaters for you to choose from in 2020, so whether you’re looking for a battery, electric, or gas-powered weed eater, we have all of the best options so you can narrow it all down. A weed trimmer not only makes your gardening experience more efficient but adds to the joy you’ll get when taking care of it. It’s like your own personal lawn assistant!
Table of Contents
10. Worx WG162 20V 12” Cordless String Trimmer.
This is a battery-powered option that makes your lawn trimming experience efficient and simple and maintains easy transportation and efficiency with its lightweight design. It also comes in a stylish color that makes lawn care much more appealing. Both battery and charger for this model are included when purchased.
- The shaft and handle are adjustable for user comfort.
- Battery operated and chargeable
- Rapid auto-feed spool system
- 2 support wheel stability for straighter edging
- 20V battery is multi-compatible with other Worx brand products
- Dual-use machine for trimming and edging
9. UKOKE Cordless Electric Power Grass Trimmer and Weed Wacker
This weed eater is substantially sized and long, allowing you to get weeds out of your way with ease. Easy accessing slopes and edges, this model allows you to get into the thickest and driest patches in your lawn. With this machine, you’ll get a d-grip front handle that keeps you completely in control of your yard experience as well as the outcome. Maneuver with ease and reach narrow spaces efficiently; you’ll have the best-kept lawn in the neighborhood with one of the best battery operated weed eaters.
- Easy conversion between edging and trimming functions
- 2 support wheels for edging stability
- Adjustable use-cutting head for angular comfort in any job
- Durable design geared toward safety quality
8. BLACK+DECKER 40V Max String Trimmer/Edger
A powerful tool, this weed eater comes equipped with a lithium-ion battery that makes it one of the most power-efficient available in the New Year. Its slender design and stylish colors make it a great assistant when you’re trying to get into more narrow spaces. And it is completely battery operated as well.
- Gets yard jobs done the fastest with the installed Powerdrive Transmission.
- Optional Max Power and Max Runtime with the PowerCommand runtime dial
- Feed Spool is completely automatic for continuous jobs
- Edger to trimmer conversion is simple
7. GreenWorks G—Max 40V Cordless String Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Pack
A vibrantly designed weed eater, this model has tons of style with accessories to match. It is definitely one of the best weed eaters with the increased battery time on it. You’ll get a full day’s work out of it while feeling completely at ease and comfortable because of the leisurely craftsmanship. You aren’t just getting versatility with this weed eater, but durability as well.
- Fully charged 2.0AH Battery runs for 45 minutes.
- Handles tough jobs with axial fan offering 110 MPH
- Lightweight design makes longwinded jobs more efficient.
- Adjustable auxiliary handle
- 40V 2AH battery and charger included
6. Greenworks 13-inch 40V Cordless String Trimmer/Edger
Staying true to the brand, this weed eater is designed with green accents that make it all the more desirable. Crafted for narrow reaching and comfortable lawn care, this model will have you getting through the roughest patches in no time. The head installed on this machine rotates a convenient 90 degrees to deliver the best edging results possible. It is coupled with an edging wheel so that stability is easy to maintain.
- Push-button start
- Load speed up to 9,000 RPM
- Edging and trimming capable with pivoting head
- Cordless and gas-free for efficient work
5. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Lithium Easy Feed String Trimmer/Edger
Not only is this model super-efficient and lightweight, but it features two batteries so that you don’t have to charge between jobs continuously. This model is so convenient and easy to handle, and you’re sure to be pleased with its easy conversion abilities for trimming or edging. Two-speed control on this weed eater makes it easy for you to give your machine a power boost or more runtime in the yard. It is versatile and smooth while keeping your comfort in mind.
- Advanced line length by pushing a button
- Easy feed, Powercut, and Powerboost for the easiest lawn experience
- Power Drive Transmission delivers added torque
- Increased power with 2-speed control
4. Greenworks 12-inch 40V Cordless String Trimmer
It comes with a 2.0AH Battery and a charger making this model completely cordless in the yard. You’re getting efficiency and power with this model and so much more. This model is not only lightweight and easy to handle, but it is also super versatile so that you get the sharpest results possible in your yard.
- Massive 40V battery system capable of powering more than 25 tools
- Rapid trim with 12”065 dual-line auto-feed head
- Allows you to deliver power at your control with variable speed trigger
3. BLACK+DECKER 40V MAX Cordless Sweeper and String Trimmer Combo Kit
Easily adjustable and designed with the durability to outlast all of your tough lawn jobs. This weed eater is fully equipped with everything you’ll need to get the work done and is one of the best battery powered weed eaters available.
- Power-driven String Trimmer and Edger allows for neat and rapid cutting
- Auto-Feed Spool
- 130 MPH wind speed 40V Max Sweeper
- Convenient low-noise system for quiet cutting
- Battery charge level display with state of charge system
2. WORX WG163 GT 3.0 20V PowerShare 12” Cordless String Trimmer and Edger
Powerful, battery-powered weed eater with an efficient design that allows you to get into the narrowest spaces. This model makes your lawn work more efficient and comfortable with the added accessories that have gone into the craftsmanship. This model is sure to keep you working up to your full potential because it won’t take much to get even the hardest jobs done.
- Trimmer and Edger; easily converted.
- Push-button line feed spool system allows for automatic feeding
- Two 20V batteries included
- Wheels for added edging stability
- Spacer guard for garden plant protection
- Up to 7600 RPM speed on 5.3lb weed eater
1. BLACK+DECKER 20V Max Lithium String Trimmer, Edger, Sweeper Plus
This machine operates quietly and makes even the hardest jobs seem like a breeze. You’ll be able to trim your weeds, blow away pesky fall leaves, and so much more with this triple threat. It is one of the best battery powered weed eaters because of its versatile design and lightweight feel both in transport and in action.
- One or two 20V 1.5AH Lithium batteries
- The machine weighs 4.5lbs with an additional 3.7lb Sweeper.
- Feed spool is completely automatic.
- Easily converts from trimmer to edger.